Pengumuman Konferensi Internasional Palestina di Indonesia
Posted by infosyiah pada 1, Maret 21, 2008
Freedom and Return
60 Years of Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians (Nakba)
14-15 May 2008
“With independence being the right of every nation, colonialism must be eliminated from the face of the earth as it is contrary to the dictates of human nature and justice.”
About the Conference
Since the last six decades to date, pro Zionist Western mass media has been tirelessly telling us that conflict over the historical land of Palestine is the very complex one. It has been saying that the conflict is the story about hatred and hostility of Arabs and Palestinians, especially Muslim ones, toward Israelis. It is the tale about vulnerable Jews in Israel that is surrounded by the barbaric people who try throwing them into the sea. It is the history about Palestinian and Muslim “extremists” who want to fight not talk, and in turn contravene what so called “peace process”.
Nevertheless, in fact what we find out is that this is very simple story. It is the story of dispossession, expulsion, colonization, and occupation of all Palestinians regardless of religion, ethnicity, and sect-by the people who claimed God’s mandate for doing that illegal and immoral act. In shorter word, it is the story of injustice which damages the very dignity of Palestinians as human being that only justice can heal.
Within this context, Voice of Palestine Indonesia was created in November 2007 for the purpose of providing honest facts for Indonesian peace-loving society about the true nature and origin of the conflict, particularly that it is not civilian, religious, as well as sectarian conflict. It is all about the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people for achieving political gains. In this regard, the conflict would have been at the same level of intensity even if its victims had been Jewish, Muslims, or Christians.
We also determined to let the Indonesian government knows that its participation in US-sponsored peace process must not undermine and endangered the justice demand of Palestinians, principally that is the demand of inalienable right of return.
The International Conference-“Freedom and Return: 60 Years of Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians”-is indeed intended as one step to attain those goals of ours. In this conference, we want to dedicate a special portion for Indonesian peace-loving society, regardless of religion and sect, to address how they can help promoting peace in the historic Palestine within the basis of the Palestinian inalienable right of return.
The Conference is intended:
1. to provide honest facts for Indonesian peace-loving society about the true nature and origin of the conflict;
2. to tell the Indonesian government that its participation in US-backing peace process must not undermine and endangered the justice demand of Palestinians, principally that is the demand of inalienable right of return;
3. to address how Indonesia peace-loving society can do for helping and supporting peace in the historic Palestine within the basis of the Palestinian inalienable right of return;
4. to set up a network with other international organizations which have been supporting Palestinians right of return, and also their freedom from Israeli occupation.
Day 1, 14 May 2008
9:30-9:45 Opening Ceremony
• Recital of Holy Quran
• Greeting from the Conference Organizer
• Greeting from President of Republic of Indonesia , HE Dr. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
9:45-10.15 Keynote Speaker: M. Amien Rais, former chairman of Indonesian People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR).
10:15-12:15 Session One: The History and Origin of Conflict over the Historic Palestine : Why should we look deeply into the past for understanding the present better?
• Ilan Pappe, Professor of History, University of Exeter ( UK )
• Salim Nazzal, a Palestinian- Norwegian historian in the Middle East .
• Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, spokesman for Neturei Karta International.
12:15-13:15 Lunch Break
13:15-13.30 Opening Statement: HM Din Syamsuddin, Leader of Muhammadiyah.
13:30-15.3o Session Two: Right of Return: It’s Legal and Moral Principle.
• Salman Abu-Sitta, General Coordinator of the Right of Return Congress and Founder of the Palestine Land Society.
• Secretary General of Islamic Brotherhood, Cairo-Egypt.
• Ifdhal Kasim, Chairman of National Committee for Human Rights Indonesia .
15:30-15:45 Opening Statement: Hassan Wirajuda, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Indonesia.
15:45-17:15 Session Three: Two or One-State Solution: The Quest for Equality.
• Khaled Mashal, Chairman of Hamas Political Bureau.
• Haidar Eid, Assistant professor of English at Al-Quds Open University, Gaza Co-founder of One-State Group in Gaza.
• Chandra Muzaffar, Malaysian scholar and Palestine Internationalist.
17:15-17:30 Closing Session
Day 2, 15 May 2008
9:00-9:15 Opening Ceremony
• Recital of Holy Quran
9:15-9:30 Keynote Speaker: K.H. Hasyim Muzadi, Leader of Nahdatul Ulama (NU)
9:30-11:30 Session One: Referendum by Native Palestinians: Resolving Conflict over the Historic Palestine .
• Zahra Mustafawi, Iranian NGO for Palestine .
• M. Lutfi, the Middle East Commentator and Director of The Center for Islam and Middle East Studies, University of Indonesia
11:30-12:30 Poetry and Documentary Film.
12:30-13:30 Lunch Break
13:30-13.45 Opening Statement: Jalaluddin Rakhmat, Muslim Scholar and Chairman of IJABI.
13:45-15.45 Session Two: Palestine on the News: Disclosing Palestine Conditions.
• Syekh Naim Qasim, Hezbollah Deputy of Secretary General.
• George Galloway, British Member of Parliament.
• Ali Abunimah, Activist and co-Founder of Electronic Intifada.
15:45-16:00 Opening Statement: Dr Hidayat Nurwahid, chairman of Indonesian People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR).
16:00-17:30 Session Three: What can Indonesia society do for supporting peace in the historic Palestine within the basis of Palestinians Right of Return?
• Desra Percaya, Spokesman of Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• Abdillah Toha, Indonesian Member of Parliament.
• Tifatul Sembiring, President of Justice Party Indonesia.
17:30-18:00 Closing Session
• The Conference Declarations
• Closing Remark by the Speaker of Indonesian Parliament, HE HR. Agung Laksono
Conference Organizing Agency
Name : 1. Voice of Palestine, Indonesia Society for Palestine Freedom
2. The Center for Islam and Middle East Studies, University of Indonesia
Address : 1. Jl. Batu I No.31, Pejaten Timur, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan
Phone: +62-21-7986561 Mobile : +62-81315298287 fax: +62-21-7991782
http://www.suarapalestina. org http://www.voiceofpalestin e.net
mail@voiceofpalesti en.net, mail@suarapalestina .org
2. Komplek Masjid Universitas Indonesia Depok lt 2.telp:+62-21- 7863414
Officer in-charge : Mujtahid Hashem
1. Abdillah Toha (Member of Parliament)
2. Syarief Hasan (Member of Parliament)
3. Hajriyanto Tohari (Member of Parliament)
4. Ali Mochtar Ngabalin (Member of Parliament)
5. Lutfi Hasan (Member of Parliament)
6. Muhammad Luthfi (Director of The Center for Islam and Middle East Studies, University of Indonesia)
7. Hamdan Basyar (The Center for Political Studies, Indonesian Institute of Science and Knowledge)
Makara Hotel University of Indonesia, Jakarta-Indonesia
14-15 May 2008
The Conference will be attended by about 500 participants from worldwide countries.
2 February 2008
Voice of Palestine Indonesia
The Center for Islam and Middle East Studies, University of Indonesi[infosyiah]